2007年10月18日 星期四

My Comprehensive English Enhancement Plan for 2007-2008 School Year

I’ve long dreamed of going abroad to study in places such as England or America. To achieve the goal, I know I will need to acquire at least one certain qualification, that is-the English proficiency test designed for overseas students (such as IELTS and TOFEL). To me, of course, this will be a very big challenge. However, I have the willingness to give it a try. It may really be a tough job, but I think I can master it through hard work.
Who knows, maybe eventually, it will result in a “dream come true”.


Below are some of my plans to achieve my goal:

1. Listening:
Recently I’ve discovered that renowned news broadcasting organizations like BBC, CNN offer audio and visual clips from their news programmes on their website. I think I will take advantage of it and make it a habit to listen to it for about 30 minutes every day. Besides that, I will continue with my daily listening programs with Advanced Studioclassroom. YouTube would be a great choice to practice listening, too. I’ve found the website so interesting and entertaining.

2. Reading & Writing:
I’ve made my mind to submit TIME magazine recently as a bridge to improve my reading and writing. From what I’ve heard, TIME magazine is very famous for its beautifully-written articles and unbiased content. By reading it, I believe my understanding of the language will definitely be more accurate. And since we’re required to update our blogs regularly, I think it’s a great chance for us to practice writing.

3. Speaking:
To be honest, this is a pretty tricky question. I’ve seen information about our school’s English Corner from posters lately. Maybe I’ll join that since it’s a rare opportunity. Or I might consider talking to myself in English at times.


沒有留言: